Tuesday, January 25, 2011

On It's Way!

Hooray! Hooray! It’s on its way.
The lens I’ve saved for should be here Friday.
A year of scraping and saving my loot,
Twelve months of waiting. Rooty, toot, toot!

Daily, I wait by the window with glee,
In hopes the UPS man will come to see me.
He should show up this week in the big brown truck
With a gold Nikon box that costs lots of bucks.

I did without stuff for a whole dadgum year
To save for the lens that makes me cheer.
The 70-200 with a cool f-stop
That sucks in the light and makes pictures pop.

Oh, the things I will shoot, the places I will go,
The pictures I’ll take in sun, fall and snow.
Sunsets and flowers and birds and bees,
Portraits and landscapes, maybe even cheese!

I’ll shoot the world, or at least my backyard,
And make lots of prints and nice greeting cards.
I’ll shoot weddings and seniors and a few wee tykes,
And through the hills and woods I’ll take nature hikes.

I must take good care of this nice piece of glass,
I cannot trip with my camera and bust my yass.
I must treat it with love and lots of good care
‘Cause I won’t get another unless I sell my hair.

It’s a treat for sure, and I cannot wait,
Hurry up Mr. Mailman, drive across those states!
Look for my house. It’s the one with brick and red,
And a Hula on the porch standing on her head.

4 comments:

Janis said...

OMG...now that is a real treat $$$$$....I cant wait to see your photos. I am getting a macro lens for my B.day in the fall...looking forward to getting up close n more detail! I am still trying to figure out PS elements 9 that I received for Christmas. Enjoy your newest baby!

the parishioner who doesn't do anything said...

Good for you! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Living Life said...

Oh goody goody! Can't wait to see what you can do with it!!

Gail Dixon said...

Congratulations! You're going to discover another world in photography with that lens!! Can't wait to see your pics.

I'm saving for the 400mm prime (Canon) for my bird shots. I think I might be able to swing it for my birthday in May.