Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Get To Wear Feathers!

I can't talk long, darlin's. Soon after this posts, I will be waiting tables at an American Cancer Society dinner. I'm one of five celebrity waiters (using that term verrrry loosely) who will be collecting tips and serving food to some of the community's finest this evening. That's the thing about having a very public job. You get snagged for things like this, but that's okay. It's a fabulous cause, and I get to wear a costume.

Each table has a theme, and I chose All That Jazz for mine because that means I can dress as a flapper and wear a feather boa. And let me tell ya', I'm all about the feather boa. I even have a sequined cloche hat, which actually came from my own antique hat collection. (Remind me one day to show my hats to you.) It should be fun, fun, fun, and I'll try to post a picture or two in the next couple of days. In the meantime, I gotta' run. I have pin curls to style and some Charleston steps to practice. Here's hoping I don't dump chicken marsala in someone's lap!

3 comments:

J.G. said...

Sounds like a good time will be had by all. (Don't forget to show us the hats someday!)

Trailboss said...

Oh no Missy....hop over to my blog and see what feathers should look like. Those pictures were taken in 1978 (I think!). Let me know what you think. And just think of the "tips" you would get!!!!!!!

Living Life said...

I hope you enjoyed the event. I can't wait to see pictures!