Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

Weekend before last we went to Fort Campbell, Kentucky (Home of the Screamin' Eagles, those brave soldiers who rule the skies in Afghanistan) for Teen Angel's first roller derby bout.  I'm proud to say that while they didn't win, they did put up a good fight.  And I managed to watch the whole bout with at least one eye open.  However, I'm still not over my fear of broken ankles or busted teeth.  Forgive me, but it's gonna take this mama a little while to work through that.   It's just painful to watch the child that you pushed through your womb and protected for eighteen years go sprawling across the floor every few minutes.  I should be comfortable with all of this by about October.  At the end of the season. 

Oh, and if you're in need of a few giggles, Google the official registry of roller derby names from the teams around the country.  They're a hoot.


Signed,
Over Protective Mama








 

2 comments:

Cruise Mom said...

Somehow, instead of team names I ended up with player names - so I took a test to 'find my roller derby name' and I am: Betty the Bulldozer.

We have two local teams - maybe I should check them out :)

"CAPTAIN DAVE" said...

I can't seem to get Jim Croce out of my head!
"She was five foot six and two fifteen,
a bleach-blonde mama with a streak of mean;
She knew how to knuckle and she knew how to scuffle and fight..."
;-)