Friday, January 12, 2007

Better than Diamonds or Furs

This is going to sound sappy, but I really feel the need to share with the world how blessed I feel about my husband. I hear a lot of women complain about their husbands and how they wished they had more help and/or support from their spouse. I just can’t complain. My mate has always been a big help around the house. Truth be told, he’s much better at cleaning and vacuuming than I am. (I’m terrible at it, even when I really try.) He doesn’t hesitate to pick up around the house and vacuum when needed. When our daughter was a baby and we would go to a restaurant he would watch her while I filled a plate so that I didn’t spend the entire “night out for mom” fussing over her and going hungry in the process. (It drives me CRAZY to see a family come into a restaurant with mom toting a tot on each hip and a diaper bag while dad drags in behind carrying nothing and then filling his face while mom spends the entire time feeding the kids.) Hubby recently retired, so now he spends part of his day shuttling our daughter to and from school and her activities. He washes clothes all week long and buys groceries on Fridays. It’s glorious!! His efforts make it so much easier for this working mom to juggle her responsibilities AND spend time with my family on nights and weekends. I also see how wonderfully he is taking care of his aging parents. It makes me feel secure he would take good care of me if I fell seriously ill. I know I have something special, and I don’t tell him enough that he is special…so I am today.

No comments: