Thursday, January 4, 2007

Rain, rain go away

It’s raining AGAIN. I hate winter, so January is a long month for me. February seems to go fast, and March brings the anticipation of beautiful, glorious spring but January never seems to end. It drags by, bringing with it cold, damp and gloomy days. It makes me long for sunshine, heat and humidity. Really. I’m one of those people. I’ll take a sticky 95 degrees and bare feet over cold and coats any day. January makes me a little lonely, a little sad and a little mean. It makes me long for some of the things I love best: Tulips, peonies, the smell of wild onions and freshly cut grass, ripe, juicy homegrown tomatoes, homemade vanilla ice cream, a dip in the pool and days when the daylight seems to stretch on forever. A special bonus comes when the ice cream man stumbles upon our subdivision and blesses us with Nutty Buddies. One of these days when we quit remodeling our house and get our teenager raised, we’re going to take January vacations to tropical islands. Aruba would be nice. I love it there. Actually, I love all of the tropical places I’ve been (except Martinique). However, a quick internet check tells me it’s 82 degrees in Aruba today…..with RAIN in the forecast for the next few days. Someone wake me up when February gets here.

No comments: