Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's All About Me Today

This is another one of those “getting to know me” things, but it’s kind of fun so I’ll play along. Besides, you want to know quirky stuff about me, right? Actually, I’m just out of clever blog topics today because I’m having a stressful week, so this is an easy way out.

My roommate and I once spent a week in Fort Lauderdale during Spring Break. Details will not be divulged in this public format. Use your imagination.

Never in my life have I been able to keep my mouth shut when asked my opinion. It’s a disease that has been crippling me for years.

High school was lots of fun. I wouldn’t to do it all over again, but I enjoyed it while I was there. I’d certainly do a lot of things differently the second time around.

When I am nervous my colon betrays me in very ugly ways. All of my stress goes right to my gut.

My hair is the same as it has been for years. Stick straight, thick and brown. I don’t love it, but I’ve learned to quit fighting it. I will never have long luscious curls.

By this time next year I hope to have been to Aruba.

My ideal breakfast is biscuits and gravy, but I eat sugar free oatmeal with flaxseed because need the fiber. Don’t ask.

My favorite aunt is Aunt Betty. She’s large and funny and easy to love. She’s also the one who saved me from choking on a peppermint candy when I was four. She held me upside down and smacked me on the back so hard that I spit out a toenail with the candy.

You know I like you if I tease you. If I don’t I’ll leave you alone.

If you visit my hometown you’ll be surprised at the amenities it has for a small city. You’ll love the friendly feel and the great restaurants. We have great BBQ, too. Not that runny stuff those folks in Memphis serve.

If you spend the night at my house my dog will probably want to sleep with you. He likes to snuggle. You’ll also have to sleep on the couch because I got tired of not having enough closet space and turned our spare bedroom into one big walk in closet. It’s my favorite room in the house.

My favorite blondes are: Hmm. I can’t really think of any in particular. I’m partial to brunettes. Oh, except for Mandy. She’s a hoot.

My favorite brunettes are Hubby, Teen Angel, Matthew McConaughey. What? Can’t a girl dream?

I shouldn’t have been going so fast when I flipped that three wheeler about thirty years ago. It resulted in a couple of hours of mother scraping cinders and gravel out of my back with a brush. I still have a few cinders in my elbow.

Last night I taught an aerobics class and then helped to decorate for bible school. The night before I visited with girlfriends while our husbands drove about two hours to the closest Hooters. They took their buddy there because he is from Honduras and had never been. They all went in one van and stopped afterward at Dairy Queen for Blizzards. We hens watched the kids and let them chase chickens in the backyard. How redneck is that?

I’ve been told I look like hell when I wake up. I’ve also been told I look like Halle Berry. I like that better.

If I could have been a car I would have been a red Mercedes convertible. Fast and attention seeking. I’m the first born, remember?

1 comment:

janjanmom said...

Get out!! That is my dream car. I learned to love Mercedes while working at Chong's. On breaks and slow nights I would listen to Wailand talk all about how great they were. I dreamed of one in red that could go topless. In those days I was probably dreaming me driving topless as well.