Sunday, June 1, 2008

Putting on the Brakes

Whew! Somebody stop for world for a little while and let me off. I need a little break from this whirlwind I'm on. I have so much catching up to do.

-Sissy and I haven't decided whether to call each other Thelma and Louis or Bill and Ted 'cause we certainly had an excellent adventure. The road trip to see Eric Clapton concert was full of surprises, including the F-2 tornado that rolled through town in the midst of the concert...and that not so brief detour we accidentally took on the way home because we were flapping our gums and missed our exit. Full details and pictures are coming soon.

-I'm becoming more and more aware of how young I am NOT, especially after this road trip. I'm scientific proof it's possible to have a hangover without drinking.

-The golf cart is much closer to completion. The paint job and pimpin' wheels are pretty slick. The new motor has yet to be installed, and recovering the seat is next on the list of things to do. You're going to be surprised when you see it.

-I came home last night to find that my new Margaritaville flip-flops had arrived in the mail. The ones with the hula girls on them. Sweet!

-After a week of rain delays we finally got the cover off of the pool and dumped in some chemicals. Yea!

-And it occurred to me I have a race coming up in two weeks that I haven't really begun preparing for. Yikes! I gotta get my slacker butt out on the road this week and get to running...a lot.

-Teen Angel starts her summer job tomorrow. Can I get an "Amen sister" for having a motivated teenager who wants to work all she can? Maybe I'm not a complete failure at this parenting thing after all.

I'm sorry. Is that a blanket and pillow calling my name?

2 comments:

oreneta said...

How long is the race going to be? Another full marathon? I assume not from your tone.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Heavens no. This one is just four miles, but it's going to feel like twenty if I don't get back on the wagon.