Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pass me a Tissue

Y'all know I'm a sap who will shed a tear at anything sentimental, including a good Hallmark commercial or a toddler's hug. Well, you know what makes me smile and tear up, all at the same time? Fifty school kids who take a forty minute bus ride to stand in the cold rainy weather, line the block and shout "thank you" and "we love you" to veterans marching in a Veteran's Day parade.With their homemade signs.
And you know what made two tears slide down my cheek? When the veteran in this Jeepwho thought I was with those school kids, slowed down and said solemnly, "Thank you for bringing the kids." Lord help me, it's a good thing no one played Taps or I would have puddled up and slid right down the storm drain.

6 comments:

karisma said...

Very sweet!

Mike Golch said...

great post.Hugs.

Cruise Mom said...

sniffle.... please pass me the tissues....

Sayre said...

Dang it... now you've got me tearing up too!

Trailboss said...

I was wondering how the parade went yesterday. We sure didn't have very good weather huh? I used to march in that and every other parade when I was in the high school band.

I tear up at everything, just like my momma did. I don't care what anyone says, I think it takes a kind soul for that. And you are a kind soul my friend.

Janis said...

you have a tender heart. I tear up at little things also. If we are singing a hymn at church that I love, the tears flow down my cheeks every time.