1. I honestly cannot tell you where this week went. I was so busy it seemed to pass me right by. In fact, the whole year has been like that so far. I used to think my mom was crazy when she said things like that.
2. Hubby is in Nashville for the next couple of days with Mama J. and Papa T.. Papa T. is having surgery to relieve the pressure on his eye so he won't lose the tiny bit of vision he has left. The girls are in charge of the TV remote around here for two days. Count 'em, TWO whole days!
3. Despite my best efforts, I have fallen for that bouncy song, That's Not my Name, by The Ting Tings. That's what I get for listening to the radio. It's vaguely reminiscent of the You Light Up My Life fever I suffered in the early 80's.
4. Sometimes I'm amazed at people's rudeness. A lady came up to us at lunch today, offered condolences to Hubby on the loss of his sister and then proceeded to ask, "Do you know what made her do a thing like that?" I exhibited great restraint by biting my tongue and not saying what I was thinking, which was, "What would make you pick a gosh awful hairdo like the one you're wearing?"
5. The rain finally seems to have stopped after a week on nonstop downpours. All I have to say about that is, "Hot damn!" Our little tomato plants are yellow and mushy, which is not a good thing. It could be August before we get any tomatoes at this pace, and that, my friends, would be a tragedy.
6. Apparently, I'm going to be an early achiever on this menopause thing. It's been about 76 degrees all week, and I have sweated like a thief in Sunday school every day. When the burly man in a long sleeve shirt sitting next to you is cool as a cucumber and you're not, it's a sign that things they are a changin'. I guess the sooner I get it started, the sooner I'll get it over with.
7. Teen Angel's driving is coming along nicely, except for that abrupt lane change she did the other day which made me poop my pants. I'm never going to sleep again, am I?
8. When you buy a new CD and you reach for Celtic Spa, you know y0u have a little stress in your life.
9. What is it with underwear manufacturers? Every time I find underwear I like, they discontinue it. Is there some kind of panty conspiracy I haven't heard about?
10. And finally, my blog time and commenting has been pretty lax lately due to all of the going ons around here and my stress level. That's evening out somewhat, and I should be back to visiting some of your blogs again soon. See ya in blogland!
Somesville, Maine, a quick drive by - Heading south on 102 towards Bass Harbor we had the fortune of driving through Somesville *(link to this splendid town)*. It has to be one of the pretti...
2 days ago