Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 2 of the Mission Trip-Building A Reef

Can I just say it does my heart good to see my sometimes sloth like teenager sweatin' her hiney off while shoveling oyster shells? I get to use all of those parental nuggets like, "Hard work is good for you," and "It builds character." Or how about, "When I was your age I had to shovel oyster shells barefoot, in the snow, uphill, both ways?" Sigh. It just warms my heart to see her work. Of course, that has nothing to do with all of those mornings during summer vacation when she got to sleep in, and I had to be at work at 7am.
Teen Angel


Another youth group member

2 comments:

J.G. said...

A shift in perspective does a body good, even (especially?) a teen body. Glad she is having a good time in a new place!

karisma said...

A bit of hard yakker is always good for the soul but why pray tell are we shoveling oyster shells? Just wondering?