Friday, July 9, 2010

On the High Seas


Great Googly Moogly! It’s one of my favorite times of the year. It’s vacation bible school time. All next week children of all ages will run amuck in the church, making clever crafts, singing off key and making all of us adults smile with their cute little antics. There’s always some kid who pees his pants, another who proclaims his dad’s in jail (or worse, the little boy who told Teen Angel all about his penis last year) and the little girl who wants to give you a hug every time she sees you.

The fun began for me today when I started decorating the church. A great group of folks is helping me to build a ship in the sanctuary, a dock in the choir room and lots of other “sea” themed stuff. For the past week I’ve been begging, borrowing, buying and dumpster diving for all kinds of things like cardboard tubes and rope to use in the transformation. By Monday morning we should have everything sea worthy and be ready for the kids. I’ll try to share a few pictures with you amid all the busy-ness of the week. Bring on the smiles and the hugs. I can’t wait!

1 comment:

Janis said...

Summer n VBS go together, it means lots of learning n fun for the little ones. Can't wait to hear some cute stories and see some photos.