Sunday, September 5, 2010

Come Monday

I want a do over. A do over for June, July and August. The summer has gone too fast. Faster than usual. Yes, it was a scorcher, and the autumn lovers are clamoring for cooler weather. The evenings are already starting to change here, and the daylight sunshine has a slightly different cast if you look closely. Summer is almost over, and I can't believe it's gone.

No matter how hard I try to slow things down, the days are just spinning too fast right now. I know that one day soon I will look up and Teen Angel will be away at college, and Mama J. and Papa T. will be gone and our days will be slower. But right now the days are slipping by at a pace that's faster than I like. If I can't get a do over, I shall simply hang on and savor the moments as best I can.

I hope your last summer holiday is a good one. That it's filled with great fun, good friends and family and whatever music pleases your ears. This summer ode will be on my playlist this weekend, and I shall toast the sunshine and another summer well lived.

6 comments:

J.G. said...

I am seeing a change in the light, too, and the length of the days. Much as I love Fall, Summer goes all too fast.

Thanks for a great memory with the song. Buffett's a master lyricist.

Trailboss said...

The only thing that would have made my weekend better was to have my son here with me. But he would have to be a sober son. Not the person that I had to hang up on Friday. I will never forget but will move on and remember an excellent weekend filled with ALL of my grandkids!

Jan n Jer said...

Great song choice...Love it. Yep summer went by in the blink of an eye...seize the moment and enjoy every moment in your life, this is not a dress rehersal its the real thing called living. While I am looking forward to Fall n cooler temps, I hate the shorter daylight hours.

Marcie said...

Yes..I have to agree with you here. I want a 'do over' too!! Summer has gone by much too fast!!!

oreneta said...

Thanks for the tune, amazing how fast the summer races by. I could use a little more.

Living Life said...

I can't complain. We have had a very fulfilling summer. As much as I don't want it to end, this time of year excites me.