Thursday, September 30, 2010

Four Seasons

On the very last day of summer I remembered to run down to my favorite little pond and snap a picture of it so I could have a photo of that spot from all four seasons within a year. I’m not sure why that became important to me, but at some point after I took the first one last Autumn, it did. I may frame the four photos together because I find it interesting to compare them side by side.

When I took the “Summer” picture, I found that the little boat that sat in the same spot on the far bank for so many months had disappeared. I think the owner moved it out of the way to do some dirt work on that side of the pond. He has no idea how much that disappointed me. However, I think it adds a little mystery to the foursome when you put them all together.


5 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

What a great idea! Love the series. If we had any sort of color change around here, I would so do that.

Living Life said...

So cool. I love this idea, Hula.

Jan n Jer said...

Very creative. Its amazing how nature can change things!

Trailboss said...

Good idea on the framing item. The more I read about your photo sessions the more the photo bug is pulling at me to update my camera. I tried to win that point & shoot P-Dub gave away but you know how that goes!!! You were one of the lucky ones when you won that fantastic dutch oven.

oreneta said...

I think I like the spring shot best, that'd be the first one, no? Such a lovely green!

I too am a million miles behind with blogs, just trying to keep up at all!