I'm in the process of trying to organize some photos, and after sifting through dozens and dozens of them I decided to try to compile a list of my favorites from the past year. Since I take so many it's easy to forget what I have. I had a good time stumbling across ones I had forgotten and reviewing others I keep handy for photo contests and the like. I had a little trouble picking just ten because most of them are so personal for me, but I finally narrowed it down. It helped to motivate me for next year, but most of all it allowed me to see my progress in recent months. I have so much to learn.
If you have one of these you like best, shout it out. I'd love to know which ones you like. I'm always surprised at the emotions that certain images provoke in different people. And to my fellow shutterbugs--Happy shooting in 2011.
10. I keep expecting a little elf to show up in this one.
9. Bokeh, bokeh, bokeh. Love the bokeh in this one.
8. The spirit of these girls just makes me smile. From the inside out.
7. A young woman who didn't realize her own beauty.
6. One of 2,000 bridal shoot pictures of this beautiful young woman. I wore us both out shooting that day.5. This spells serenity to me.
4. This one speaks volumes about the personality of Teen Angel and her buddies.
3. Oh, little dragonfly, you made my day when you sat still for so long.
2. My favorite picture of Teen Angel. I put it on the front of the coffee table book we made from her senior pictures. My baby isn't a baby anymore. Waaaaa.
1. And my favorite of the year. I get a little misty every time I look at it.