Saturday, July 28, 2007

Fruitcakes

"There's a little bit of fruitcake left in everyone of us."-Fruitcakes by Jimmy Buffett

Boy, was he right. I saw plenty of fruitcakes this week. They were lots of fun and mighty nice. Let me introduce you to some of their fruitcake madness.













Just a few of the 22,500 who gathered together at Cinncinati, where the Parrot Head thing all began many years ago. Cincinnati is proud of its Parrot Head legacy.
Here I am in the middle of all that mess. Note the lovely flamingo deely-bobbers. You can't see my parrot flip-flops, but they were quite the hit. People kept stopping me and asking me where I got them. I met a lot of new friends that way. Leave it to a first born child to find a way to get noticed in this crowd.
See the friendly police officer on the left. He's the one in the vest. He was kind of cranky. It seems that drawing this duty is NOT considered a plum assignment. I wonder why?

Maybe it has something to do with all the rowdy tailgaters across the street. Here is a tiny portion of them. They were friendly folks, especially the man wearing the Corona carton for a hat.
The people in the colorful RV were friendly folks, too. I was especially fond of their artwork on their RV. Nothing screams Parrot Head like a fin on the roof.

Except maybe sunglasses, a coconut bra and a grass skirt on the front.


These guys couldn't get into the Boy Scouts with their behavior, but they certainly were prepared. If you look closely(in the middle), you'll see the commercial smoothie maker they brought with them. It was running on a generator. It was a little more reliable than the blender some other folks were running off of their car battery.

There was even a beach. We were invited to play in it. I'm telling you these Parrot Heads are friendly people. They even helped me to find my salt.


















3 comments:

Mia said...

You are absolutely adorable!! Glad you had a great time. By the way that same Friday night I was at the s.festival at the river and was listening to "Margaritaville" by a Buffet knock-off band. Thought of you...no salt there : (

Mia said...

Its Mia with my new handle "teacher mom"

Hula Girl at Heart said...

It's okay. I had a margarita for you!