Monday, March 23, 2009

Ears Lookin' At You

When we got our miniature schnauzer six years ago we made a conscious decision to keep his big floppy ears. Hubby made an appointment at the vet’s to have them cut, because everyone said that’s what you’re supposed to do with a schnauzer. But Teen Angel and I pitched a hissy, whined, moaned and pleaded with him to cancel that appointment because we loved Jack’s big ol’ ears. They give him character we said. And they’re cute and blah, blah, blah and yadda, yadda, yadda and wha, wha, wha until Hubby relented. Not that it took much convincing since Hubby’s kind of a wienie about lopping off body parts and kind of a pushover when it comes to the women in his life. Boy, are we glad we saved those ears. They make us smile on a daily basis, especially when Jack goes for a ride and let’s his hair down. That dog loves to ride in the golf cart. Nothing makes him happier than zipping down the street on the golf cart with the breeze blowing in his face. And his ears flapping in the wind. That’s how I snapped this picture Friday:This photo captures the true essence of his little canine spirit. In fact, it’s so accurate, it’s ear-ee. Ha! I crack myself up.

Anyone care to give this one a caption?

10 comments:

Jan said...

No caption, but I love the post and photo.

Trailboss said...

ET phone home.

Trailboss said...

On another note...don't you just love your golfcart? We bought one about 2 years ago and I love love love it! We ride it on the property and up and down our country roads. My grandbaby loves to ride with us. We just have to make sure we put our arm around her sweet little waist!

A New England Life said...

I'm all for keeping the ears uncropped as well. They look better and give more personality!

Sorry, no caption but what a happy dog! Gotta love a happy dog!

Trailboss said...

Also, if you note my boxer's ears they are not cropped either. I think it makes them look SO much better, not to mention nicer and sweeter and well, just full of love and....ok, I'll shutup!

janjanmom said...

I thought yours was a great caption. I love to see the sun shine through a dog's ear. Hee hee.

Living Life said...

My Ears are spread and I'm Ready For Takeoff!

Very cute picture.

J.G. said...

How about . . . "Target acquired"?

Too adorable!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Funny captions guys! And Trailboss, we do love our golf cart. We use it much more than we ever dreamed puttering around the neighborhood...and giving dog rides.

Mia said...

The only one that immediately comes to mind is a Harley tattoo my brother has across his back

LIVE TO RIDE!!!