Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Price I'm Paying for Suddenly Warm Weather

My persnickety sinuses are out of control. They hate big swings in the weather. Crap, crap, crap. I woke up Thursday with congestion and a zit the size of Mt. Hood. I figured it wasn't going to be a good day. The hot water heater died about two hours later. I usually like it when I'm right. Not so much on Thursday.

Yesterday, I woke up with a fever and signs in my tissues that a sinus infection had set in. I get about one sinus infection a year and never get over them without medication, so I headed to the walk-in clinic after sleeping until about eleven o'clock.

The upside to this situation? I went to the clinic during the UK SEC tournament game and had no wait because apparently everyone else was at home or work watching or listening to the game. I breezed in and out of there in thirty minutes.

The downside? I woke up this morning with dried snot on my face and a zit the size of Mt. Hood that just won't go away.

6 comments:

Swampy said...

Maybe if the dried snot is situated just right, it will cover up the zit. That is, if there's enough snot.

oreneta said...

I'm so sorry. The zit is probably all part of the same infection, I get that sometimes. What sport were they playing? UK SEC????

Janis said...

Ouch...sinus infections are no fun...it is that time of year where the dampness n pollen does a number on us. Well wishes to U..Don't know which is worse...dried up snot or drool all over your pillow n face.

Trailboss said...

Poor baby. I don't have the sinus problems but I have dealt with zits all of my life. I think getting thru menopause finally (knock on wood) cleared them up. I hope your Mt Hood isn't on the end of your nose.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

J.G. said...

Poor you! Drugs are the answer to sinus ills, so good call on not waiting too long to ask for assistance.