Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Somebody Pinch Me

The new lens? So cool, I can’t stand it. Which is kind of a relief given the cost. I was hesitant to buy it because of the price tag. For weeks, I had a debate in my head about buying one excellent expensive lens or two decent lenses that were cheaper. I finally decided to go big or go home, and I’m glad I did, ‘cause I can’t get enough of the macro.


The first night I sat in the living room and photographed anything and everything, just to see what it would do. The condensation on the tea glass.


Hubby’s Styrofoam cup.

THE EDGE OF A QUARTER!

Granted, it’s a difficult lens to master because of the extremely shallow depth of field, and it requires manually focusing on macro shots, but it really was the right choice. It recently had me lying on my stomach in the yard to capture weeds, laying on the back of the car to shoot the buds on the trees and squatting beside the road in a patch of wild daffodils to take pictures of yellow blooms. Hang on to your britches. I’m fixin’ to wear you out with photos of spring blooms. I just can’t help myself. The world up close is so much fun. We might even have a couple of “Guess What This Really Is” posts. In the meantime, if you see a woman in old jeans and muddy boots in a ditch with her head close to a bunch of blooms slow down and wave. It’s probably me.

5 comments:

Living Life said...

You are going to have soooooo much fun! The possibiities are endless! Looking forward to seeing the world through your eyes.

oreneta said...

YEAHOO!!!

So glad you went big rather than going home.....love the quarter, and the image of you laying on the back of the car to take pictures....fun.

J.G. said...

I like the edge of the quarter, too. There are all kinds of details in the world, huh? Keep us posted!

Jan n Jer said...

You are really getting quite the knowledge with your photography. I am looking forward to a photo workshop early April of just shooting flowers. Also am cruising for a new camera...think I have my hubs talked into letting go of some cash. YAY Isn't it amazing how your always looking for a photo opp!

Trailboss said...

I love taking pictures all of the time! Keep 'em comping!