Monday, March 15, 2010

A Real Dilly

I love a good church sign. The marquees that advertise services often include some very witty sayings, and around these parts, smack dab in the Bible Belt, you never know what’s going to pop up on a sign. It’s rather fun, actually.


Yesterday, as I was driving across town, I passed a bar that has a brand new sign. This place has a reputation for being, as my daddy would say, “a lively little joint”.


Less than a block away, the neighboring church had this message, and while they’ve lost an “N” on the word “in”, I think they get an A+ for cleverness.

Well played, Bethel. Well played.

5 comments:

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

Oh my word...there is a bar in the town we're having our reception call, no lie, Ye Old Pickle Factory!

Too funny!

J.G. said...

Well played, indeed! Gotta love a church sign with a sense of humor.

Janis said...

Our Church puts up signs like that. I like that. Some are very witty indeed.

oreneta said...

hahahahahahahahahahahaa!!

Mia said...

oh this cracks me up!! Just the other day I drove right past Bethel,read their sign then seconds later past the Pickle...well it took me to about the intersection of US Bank,Taco John and the T&M to laugh out loud!!! It takes me a minute or two but I eventually get there :) Glad someone else "got it" too!