Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Oh Snap Moment of the Week

Friday, April 22nd, 9pm-ish-I'm in the shower, as bare as the day I was born and had just sudsed up my hair with shampoo.  Teen Angel burst into the bathroom to tell me the tornado sirens were going off (for the 10,000th time in the past week).  "Seriously?" I asked. 

Decision time.  Do I go ahead and condition since my head's already wet or do I jump out and grab clothes?  I decided it was probably best not to be found nekked when the rescuers pulled my body from underneath a pile of rubble.   Lesson learned-If there is a tornado watch for your region, don't take off your clothes for any reason.

8 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

OMG..how scary...lesson learned here!

Living Life said...

Oh my! I happened to be driving my daughter to her friend's house in the midst of a tornado warning here last weekend. I didn't know it at the time I was driving, but thought it was a pretty nasty storm happening right before my eyes. It wasn't until I arrived back home and the electricity was out and hubby said tornadoes are in the area. I had my slippers and pj's on while driving in the storm. Does that count as an "oh snap" moment?

oreneta said...

So did you get back in later or was that it?

lilabraga said...

hahaha...it could happen to anyone!
But sure is a scary lesson to be learned this way!
xox
lila

lilabraga said...

and what did you do any way?...now I am curious...

The Girl Next Door said...

oh my holy hell. glad you are safe to blog about it. those tornados do scare me.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I quickly conditioned because geez I WAS already wet. I dried off, jumped into some clothes and into the closet.

J.G. said...

Sounds like you made the right decision! You are pretty safe in the bathroom, right? Around here it's the only room unlikely to have windows.