Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Little Bull

Y'all, I have a weakness for dogs that others find less than pretty.  And I have a special weakness for English bull dogs.  I've wanted one for years.  I just love that mashed up nose and the big droopy eyes and that floppy tongue.  Seriously, I just love that breed, so it was a special treat when a friend of mine asked me to photograph her dogs recently.  Her wonderful boisterous menagerie of pets includes, you guessed it, an English bull dog.  And a puppy at that.  Boys and girls, meet Nugget.





When I arrived, the first thing she did was lay her little head in my lap.  Sister mercy, it's a wonder she didn't go home in my camera case.  Hubby says we're not having another dog after Jack dies because it just breaks his heart when they get old and die.  Ya' think he'll notice one of these if I hide it in the man cave?

3 comments:

Living Life said...

Nugget is a cutie pie! And your portraits of him turned out great! Animals are not the easiest to photograph.

Trailboss said...

I know the feeling when the dogs get older and decisions have to be made. I am coming close to that decision with my oldest Sophie. But for now she is doing ok. I don't think I would ever want to be without a dog though. They are such comfort and are always so happy to see you. The defination of unconditional love.

Jan n Jer said...

A face only a mother could love! Such sweet eyes! Great shots!