Thursday, May 31, 2012

Where have all the flowers gone?

We have a lot of wildlife in our backyard:  deer, raccoons, rabbits, fox, skunks and a whole passel of songbirds.  I love them.  Truly, I do.  We feed them, we watch them, they bring great joy into our lives every day.  Except for the very rare occasion when someone steps out of line.  Like the skunk that almost sprayed Hubby one dark, chilly night.  Now, I'm not namin' any names, (I'm lookin' at you, Mr. Deer) but someone has eaten the tops off of every beautiful little sunflower that Hubby planted for me.  Every stinkin' one.

Now, I'm gonna turn around, and whoever it was can put them back without any repercussions.  It will be an amnesty sort of thing.  No punishment.  Just step forward, put them back so they can bloom nice and pretty in another couple of months, and we can all be happy.  Okay?  Here we go.  I'm turning around.  Go ahead. 

Seriously, go ahead.

I'm waiting.

Still waiting.

Sigh.  Alright, I'll give you one more day.  Maybe two.  Or three.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I would be so heartsick! Here's hoping they bring them back...really! But then again...probably not!

Gail Dixon said...

Oh, no! I just planted a tomato plant and didn't even think of critters stealing them. So sorry about your sunflowers. Bummer!