Friday, May 11, 2012

Mellow Yellow

Recently, I was cleaning up the kitchen when a friend texted me and said, "You need to check out this field."  Actually, it was more like "U need 2 check out this field."  That's what happens when your friends know you spend a fair amount of time taking pictures of anything and everything.  Pretty soon, they become your eyes and ears, and they start alerting you to things they think would make a good picture.  This was actually the second such message I had gotten that week.

So, on this particular Sunday afternoon, we exchanged some texts and I was told that this field was not too far from where I live and that it was full of a yellow weed that made it mighty purty.  When I finished my cleaning, I tossed my gear in the car and headed toward the field since the golden light you get in the late afternoon was upon me.  I toddled over there and sure enough, it was mighty yellow and mighty purty.  And as I snapped away I said to myself, "Self, it's nice 2 have good friends who look after u." 

1 comment:

Linda said...

You have me smiling this morning! Loved the field - and yes, it is nice to have friends and family tell you about photo ops!