Monday, December 3, 2007

Joy to The World!

Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus! While making out my Christmas shopping list I discovered that I don’t have that much to buy. Half of my list is already taken care of. I’m so happy I could kiss someone. Where’s a shirtless Matthew McConoughey when you need him?

We bought Sissy’s present weeks ago when we stumbled on a great buy on something she needs. We went halvsies with Sissy on Mama J.’s and Papa T.’s presents which Sissy found two weeks ago. All I had to do was hand her some money. Joy to the world! Hubby bought Handman’s and Supercop’s presents when he was running errands last week. Every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings! Hubby wants money for Christmas, and Teen Angel’s list is short and uncomplicated this year (a Christmas miracle if there ever was one), so I have little left to do when Hubby and I hit the stores Friday. I have the day off. I’m taking a list, handing him half of it and shopping like a commando until it’s done. I did a little more pre-planning than I thought. I guess even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then.

Between now and Friday, I will settle on something for Baby Ruth and Zeke, which is always a mind bender. I will review Teen Angel’s wish list and check out a few websites for gift ideas for those lovely people in my life who help me to maintain a clean house, dyed roots and manicured hands. And I will pick up gift cards for some kids in the family. Gee, this whole Christmas thing is going better than I thought. If I work it right Friday, we should have groceries bought by noon, the Christmas list knocked out by dinner and still have time to sit in the hot tub under a chilly, starry sky. Silent night….. Everybody hum along…..all is calm, all is bright…..

1 comment:

oreneta said...

Thanks for dropping by my site...christmas shopping is simply dismal, there is no way around it. Blech. Christmas though? That I like.