Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ready, Aim, Fire

Super Cop sent me some old family photos so I can put together a video/slide show for his upcoming wedding reception. Now giving your blogger big sister old family pictures is a little like handing the enemy a truckload of ammunition don’t you think? What was that fool thinking? He had to have known I would share a few of these with you. I can’t resist because I just about wet my pants every time I look at those pictures. We were some scary looking people back in the 70’s and 80’s mostly, because we all had a lot of hair then. Secondly, because we lacked good fashion sense. Let’s stroll down memory lane, shall we?

Circa 1971, both of us brimming with mischief. Quick quiz. What has the loudest pattern in this picture, the sofa, the afghan or my jumper?


This one was taken on one of my birthdays, probably age nine or ten. I am holding a shirt I got as a gift, and Super Cop is stylin’ and profilin’ in his cut-offs and Converse tennis shoes. Isn’t he too cute for words there? Hey, what’s with the hands on the hips? I thought that was supposed to be my job. This was during my shag hair cut phase. This was during his shaggy pants phase.


This was taken during my freshman year in high school. I had to use so much hairspray to get my hair to stay that way that I had to stay away from open flames. How on earth I ever got a date with that hair, I’ll never know. Oh, wait. I didn’t. Check out Zeke’s sideburns. It appears we were into brown that year.

Just a few years later, we posed as a family again and look pretty much the same. Well, I got a slightly better hairdo. We’re into blue this time, but Zeke hasn’t changed at all. In fact, he looks the same in every family photo he’s taken in the last forty years. This was during Handy Man's chapped lips phase.


And finally, this little gem from Super Cop’s 8th grade graduation day.




Again, more brown. Mama plopped him and Handy Man in front of the house to capture the occasion with her Polaroid One Step. These outlaws look really happy about the situation. Hmm. This picture reminds me of something. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Hmm. Oh yeah. Frank and Jesse.

2 comments:

janjanmom said...

I love old pictures!!! Thanks for sharing.

I love that ultra shiny white dress you are sporting in that last family photo. I can tell it had some lovely shoulder pads to boot.

oreneta said...

Hahahahah, what a great way to start the day...and tha afgan wins, hands down! I must have equally appalling photos, but they're buried on another continent...