Friday, September 26, 2008

Confessions

Forgive me Father for I have sinned. I have fallen victim to the evil BBQ Festival. I have been gluttonous.

Day 1-BBQ sandwich, chips, slaw, baked beans, cookie (Just for lunch-Don't ask about dinner. I'm too ashamed). Day 2-BBQ sandwich, 1/4 rack of ribs, iced tea, cheesecake on a stick, several bites of Dippin' dots (just for lunch-Again, don't ask about dinner).

I am guilty of the sin of lust, lusting after my friend's big fat plate of ribbon fries. Lusting after those BBQed shrimp, the fudge brownie sundae, the fried ice cream and the cajun corn. Oh, and the fried pies.

I am guilty of envy, envious of my friend's polish dog and BBQed chicken. Envious of another friend's fried Oreo and that foot long corndog.

Forgive me Father. What shall I do? What's that? Six Hail Mary's and three miles of running at the United Way 5k tomorrow? Sigh. Okay, and while I'm at it, I'm just going to tack on another three miles 'cause we still have one more day of this doggone festival. Just in case.

9 comments:

Mike Golch said...

sounds like a plan to me.

Mia said...

oh hula you are so silly!! You are such a svelte,slim gorgeous girl! (I've seen her in real life folks...I'm not kidding she's a knockout!!)
Enjoy BBQ OTR its only once a year!

Jason, as himself said...

BBQ festival? This must be a Kentucky thing. But it sounds good to me!

dkuroiwa said...

ooh yeah...ribs baby...gotta love the ribs...and coleslaw..and all the other stuff. I feel like I need a big glass of "sody-water" after just reading that....maybe a cold beer would help instead...!! yummmmmmm.
here in japan, they just don't understand the true philosophy behind a real BBQ....they get close, but...no..huh-uh.
~~sigh~~

oreneta said...

OMG now I am HUNGRY!

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

Wait.

Cheesecake on a stick?

Now THAT wasn't at our state fair where EVERYTHING is on a stick (at least I don't think it was...).

I so want cheesecake now.

Good luck on your run!!

Cruise Mom said...

I can't think of anything to write as I wipe the drool off my keyboard - must go get lunch!

Trailboss said...

Wait a minute. I didn't know that you lived where I live. Well, actually I could have smelled the BBQ smell from where I work. I live south of Melber. Ever heard of it?

karisma said...

Warning! Take heed before the fat gets you! LOL! I have put on 8kilos from being naughty! I don't think any amount of Hail Marys will fix it!

I think some serious exercise and salad eating is in my near future!