Friday, October 3, 2008

Word of the Day-Ironic

Main Entry: iron·ic
Pronunciation: ī-rä-nik
Variant(s): also iron·i·cal
Function: adjective
Date: 1576
1 : relating to, containing, or constituting irony 2 : given to irony

Example: Papa T. (you know, the one with some dementia) sitting at the doctor's office, griping because Mama J. had told him he was going to Dr. Miller's office when he was really going to Dr. Scott's office. To Sissy he says, "Well, you know your mother. She's getting old and can't remember anything anymore."

6 comments:

Mike Golch said...

sometimes it just gets that way.

Amy said...

Bless their hearts.:)

oreneta said...

Gotta see the humour...the only way. Glad you're sharing it too.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love 'em...and when I say 'em, I mean, me too.
Be sure to check out my current post on Breast Cancer Awareness.

karisma said...

LOL! I know just where he is coming from! Im a bit forgetful these days myself!

dkuroiwa said...

I think my grandparents had the same conversation!!
and yeah, mike is right, sometimes it does go just like that.