Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This Too Shall Pass

First it was flowers. Then it was architecture. Now? Now, it’s sunsets. I can’t get enough of them. Every time the sun starts to drop in the sky I start snapping pictures. It’s cliché. It’s been done. It’s been overdone. And yet, I can’t help myself. It’s like biting your fingernails. You don’t even realize you’re doing it until it’s too late. Do all wannabe photographers go through this stage? I suspect they do. Bear with me, brothers and sisters, I’ll be over it soon. And then I’ll be on to something else. Like cute kids with ice cream cones and floppy hats. Or old people with weathered faces squinting into the sun. I should go ahead and warn you now. You have approximately three months until my vacation and the week you’re going to spend suffering through Florida sunsets.

7 comments:

Rayne said...

This is a good thing.
You should never lose the wonder of sunsets.

Jan n Jer said...

LOL, I am the same way, something about a beautiful sunset and the sky. Its always a great photo opp. Your photos are beautiful.I'll look at yours if you look at mine!

Jason, as himself said...

Well at least you photograph nice things. If you liked snapping pics of dead puppies or moldy food, I would worry.

Rink's Ramblings said...

Yes, it's a curse suffering through these Florida sunsets!

Living Life said...

Oh yes, I have my share of lovely sunsets posted on my blog. I love sunsets and sunrises. Your photos are beautiful!

J.G. said...

Actually, I'm happy to look at all your sunset pics if a few of them include barbed wire.

Gin said...

Sunsets are my favorite thing to photograph. There is just something so magically beautiful about them.