Thursday, October 11, 2007

While The Cat's Away

I miss my family terribly. They'll be home tomorrow afternoon, and I'll be relieved. When they're not around I feel incomplete. It's not often that we're separated like this, and it's kind of lonely. I will admit, however, that during the last two days, I've been a bit naughty. I've been doing things MY way and enjoying every minute of it. I haven't made the bed since I've been home, which would drive Hubby insane if he knew. He's probably twitching right now and can't figure out why. After all, this is the man who alphabetized his canned goods when he was single. Thank God, I broke him of that. He's still a neat freak, and I am not, so the kid in me absolutely delights in keeping the bed unmade while he's gone. He he. I've also been using a roll of his super soft and fluffy Charmin toilet paper that he had squirreled away. I'll switch the rolls back tomorrow. Did he think I wouldn't find that? Pulease. That was no challenge whatsoever. Speaking of bathroom business, I'm not scooping any poop when I take the dog out, either.

I'll be eating popcorn for dinner tonight. No veggies, just snack food. I see no need to eat fruits and vegetables when no one's looking. Besides, I don't plan on cooking for just one. I don't have to work tomorrow, so I'm sleeping in. None of that getting up early to get started on the chores crap. I plan on getting up just in time to make the bed (they're coming home, remember), straighten up a little and eat lunch. And last but certainly not least, I have control of the tv remote control, and I'm watching just what I want. Wa ha ha! Chick tv all the way. A little Ugly Betty, some spicy Grey's Anatomy and all the HGTV and Food Network I want. I think there's a pastry challenge on later tonight. Maybe there's a Design on a Dime marathon. Yes, the remote is all mine and as long as I'm in control it will not linger for one second on an episode of "Cops", "America's Most Wanted" or a movie with Steven Segal in it. Ooh God is good. Really, I miss my family. I do. I promise. But it's good to be queen of the remote..and the bed...and the chores.....

2 comments:

vicky said...

Hi Hula girl, I've been reading you most of the summer. Guess that makes me a lurker? Anyway, I really enjoy your blog. You know, I really miss my husband when he is gone...but I'm just like you..food, tv, bed, etc...all mine. Hope they have a good trip home and you have a good day at work. Vicky

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Thanks for stopping by, and I'm so glad you delurked. I love it when folks delurk, so I know who is out there reading my ramblings. And I'm glad you enjoy the blog. Stop by any time!