Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dusting Off The Coconuts

Fruitcakes in the kitchen
Fruitcakes on the street
Struttin' naked through the cross walk
In the middle of the week

Half baked cookies in the oven
Half baked people on the bus
There's a little bit of fruitcake left in everyone of us
Fruitcakes:Jimmy Buffett


Countown to this year’s trip to Margaritaville: 1 week
This time next week I will be in St. Louis, surrounded by parrotheads of all shapes, sizes and flavors. We will usher Jimmy into the city with a colorful welcome. The parking lots around the Verizon Amphitheater will be full of fruitcakes and half baked people in the middle of the week. There might even be one or two struttin’ partially naked through a crosswalk (I saw that last year). The music will be fine, the beverages will be salty, and the people watchin’ will be superb. I can’t wait. I wonder if these folks will be there.



3 comments:

Xavier Macia said...

I once had the honour of attending a Jimmy Buffet look alike contest, if I find the pics, I may send post them....I've never seen him live, though I know some folks that will almost certainly be there at the concert...should be a hoot! I assume that teen angel is too cool to attend this event, eh?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Mia said...

Have fun hula!!
"If the phone's for me you can tell them
I just sailed away...."

Its Five O'Clock Somewhere