Thursday, May 8, 2008

And the AWard Goes To......

Oreneta very kindly bestowed this award upon me this week.




I'm so very flattered that she enjoys my ramblings and nonsense. I don't find myself very interesting, so I'm always suprised that folks stop by my little corner of the internet to see what's going on in my life or what I have to say. Funny thing, I really don't know who most of you are. Only a small percentage of my readers comment, and while my counter tells me what countries you're in, I really don't know who most of you are. It intrigues me. I'm curious about how you spend your days, what you do for a living and how on earth you stumbled upon me. Few of my readers are people who live in my backyard. The readers I am familiar with are scattered around the country and around the world. I don't seem to attract just one particular demo. As a marketing executive, I'm dying to know my audience, so if you're a lurker, I encourage you to say hello and let me know where you're at and what you enjoy reading about. Also, if you have a particular question you'd like me answer, like what color of OPI nail polish I'm currently wearing, whether or not I eat organic chicken or if I hang my toilet paper "over" or "under" just let me know, and I'll try to answer that for you. And please know that I'm delighted you visit and love having you here. I really enjoy the interaction I have with you guys.

Now, it's my responsibility to pass the award along to the folks I think deserve it. First of all..right back atcha' Oreneta. I love reading your blog, seeing your photos and hearing about your life on the other side of the world. You give me glimpses of a place I hope to visit one day. Thanks for helping me to spread my horizons.

I must give janjanmom an award. She was one of my first regular readers and commented when hardly no one else did. We all know how encouraging those early comments are, so I am grateful for that and appreciate her honesty in her writing. She let's it all hang out, the good, the bad and the ugly, and I respect that. On days when I'm writing about candy cigarettes and grass skirts, she's writing about the dysfunction in her childhood. What a brave woman.

Mia has been with me a long time, too. Her honest posts about her children give me hope that I'll survive my daughter's teenage years intact. We are kindred souls in that we have spent the last year or so caring for elderly loved ones in failing health. She is one of the few "locals" that know about my blog, and I actually met her last year. While our meeting was brief, I instantly knew she was the hugging kind, and I love that in a gal.

And I would be remiss if I didn't send this award to Jason, too. I think Jason and I would be best buds if I lived in California. If we ever met, we would probably feel as if we've always known each other. He reminds me of a friend of mine from high school. Besides being funny and off the wall (posts on monkey self gratification???) he's honest in sharing the angst of growing up poor and "coming out". By sharing his story, he is chipping away at some of the homophobia out there, and I like that.

There are many other blogs out there that I like, and one of these days I'll get around to adding a blogroll to my sidebar. To those of you I failed to mention, thank you for sharing your lives with me. It puts a spark in my day and makes me feel so in touch with places outside of this little corner of Kentucky. You take me around the world every day and that my friends, is very, very cool.

2 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

I am so honored! And Hula, I couldn't agree with you more. If you lived here I'm sure we'd be best buds. Or if I lived in Kentucky!

Who knows? Maybe some day we WILL meet!

Jason, as himself said...

By the way, this is like, my first blog award, ever, so, like I can't hardly even stand it, and I'm like so happy that it came from you. Cuz ya know, like, you were one of my first regular readers/commenters, totally.