Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday Photo #3

Oh, how this photo makes me smile. That little fuzzy headed fella' in the lower right corner is my baby brother, Handy Man when he was about two years old. That would make this around 1976, the year of the bicentennial. The year our grade school marching band instructor made us wear knickers and tri-corner hats, but that's another post for another time. This picture was taken at a church function, and that raggedy looking Santa had Handy Man scared. Some children find Santa, clowns and all types of mascot costumes scary. I was never one of those children, but I'll admit, this guy was a little unnerving. I think it was the scraggly beard.

Everyone has his own odd Santa moment. Mine came the last year Teen Angel sat on Santa's lap at the mall. When she got settled onto his leg, he patted his other leg and suggestively offered me the opportunity to sit down, too. Ugh. I sharply said no, we quickly snapped a picture and got out of there.

So, here's what I want to know today dear readers. I want to hear your Santa story. What incident did you have with the jolly one that left you smiling, crying or puzzling your puzzler as the Grinch would say?

6 comments:

karisma said...

We were at one of the local stores where they were offering free Santa pictures on the day. Cameragirl was about 15 at the time and the stood by watching her little brothers have a picture. Santa (who looked all of 16 himself) called to Cameragirl and leered suggestively that he would like her to sit on his knee anyday! She turned away while snarling, with her nose in the air! I don't think so Santa....In your dreams! I waltzed off in a huff! We all found it highly amusing at the time! And all the little ones could say was "Why she don't like Santa? He brings toys!"

karisma said...

Oops She waltzed off in a huff not me I as too busy laughing!

Mike Golch said...

We used to go to a store called Sterling=linder that had a huge Christmas display and pictures with Santa as well.in those days the phoyo was free.Alais I'm showing my afe.

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

All the photos of me with Santa are good photos. But I do remember when I was in college, our floor in my dorm decided to get all dressed up, go for a nice dinner and to the mall to have a photo with Santa. I still have that photo and love it!

Anonymous said...

Geeze, I gotta rack my brain going back that far. I do remember one time, Santa came to visit me when I was at home sick, I was a little scared, but excited at the same time. The Santa times now are with my grandchildren -to see their recent visit go to http://tracy-countyourblessings.blogspot.com -- Oh the wonder of a child! how sweet.

oreneta said...

I have too many...I'll write a post....omg...