Sunday, March 2, 2008

Things That Make Me Smile

Watching a newborn baby sleeping peacefully on her daddy's chest in church.

The way that baby's grandpa couldn't take his eyes off his first grandchild throughout the entire service.

Papa T. singing "I Love To Tell The Story" even though he can't see the large print songbook. The fact that he knows all of the old hymns by heart.

Sunny 73 degree weather on the second day of March.

Riding a big old clunky bicycle on a warm sunny day and putting my feet on the handlebars while the wind whips through my hair.

They way my dieting Hubby went from surly to bubbly with just one cheeseburger.

Daffodils waking up in the backyard and stretching themselves in the sun.

Laughing and telling stories on the front porch with my family.

A bowl of homemade soup and a plate of apple crisp.

Especially sunny 73 degree weather on the second day of March.

3 comments:

Mia said...

By the way my dear, I made your Apple Crisp and took it to potluck this weekend...long story short...I didn't take one crumb home!! Thank you :)

janjanmom said...

Lilly picked me a daffodil. I have it in a vase to get me through the coming cold snap.

Laura B. said...

Great post!!! Yesterday's weather was tremendous here too...I am so ready for spring. I'm also ready to see hubby napping with a baby on his chest...hopefully someday soon...