Thursday, January 28, 2010

I may Actually Have to buy Bread and Milk This Time

From the National Weather Service this morning:

*THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO MIDNIGHT CST FRIDAY NIGHT.


* TRAVEL CONDITIONS MAY DETERIORATE RAPIDLY TONIGHT AND COULD REMAIN EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS INTO THE DAY FRIDAY. VISIBILITY MAY BE POOR WITH GUSTY NORTH WINDS. TEMPERATURES WILL BE IN THE 20S.



A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.



Seriously??? All I can say is come on Spring!


7 comments:

Living Life said...

Wha the *&^$%! Time to trade your flip flops for some snow boots girl!

oreneta said...

Oh noooooooooooo..........milk, bread and chocolate.

Trailboss said...

I'm with you Hula. I have to admit I did snicker a bit this morning when there was no snow on the ground. I wondered how many people stayed up too late last night assuming they would not have work/school today. I must say though, I don't remember seeing this many schools closing w/not a spec of snow/ice on the ground before.

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

The bigger question is....did you GET teh milk and bread because if you haven't, you might be out of luck!

: )

Janis said...

Thats not good news...I think its all heading towards the NorthEast! Glad I'm in the south for now. Love your photo..it looks like a painting! I have to figure out how to put my name on my photos..

Rayne said...

Soooo? Did it snow?

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Yes! About five inches at our house. We actually had enough to play in it, which is a little unusual for us. I'm off now to take pictures.