Monday, March 5, 2012

Hula-gen Family Fun Fact #3710

Hula's mother is quite the seamstress and made many of her children's outfits when the Hula-gen's were growing up, which came in very handy when Hula saw an outfit in a magazine or on TV that she wanted. But it also resulted in a few creations like this late 1970's beauty that Handy Man is stylin'.



The Hula-gen's learned early in life that wearing couture requires great personal bravery. After all, it takes a lot of confidence to wear red pearl snaps.

5 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

Oh that poor child...LOL..I guess he grew up alright???

Mike Golch said...

I believe that i had an outfit like that one as well.

Linda said...

I remember making clothes for my sons - darling little rompers - which I am sure they HATE the thought of now! That is such a cute photo!

A New England Life said...

Awe, he looks so cute!

When I was growing up my mom made us clothes all the time and I just loved them! As a teenager, sometimes I made my own clothes. In fact my mom even made the bridesmaids and maid of honor dress for my wedding! I guess you could say I come from a 'do-it-yourself' kind of family ; )

Hula Girl at Heart said...

He turned out great, Jan. He wears a lot of camo now, though.