Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Blooms

Well, a little later than I had planned, but here we go.  Spring blooms.  Just a few.  I've decided I'm physically incabable of passing up a daffodil without taking  a picture, touching a bloom or lingering. They are one of my favorites, trumpeting the start of spring.

Daffodils, I think, are like smiles.  They pop up in little bunches here or there, brightening the countryside with their lovely ruffled bells.  Like a great piece of jewelry, they have a way of beautifying everything they touch, whether it's a vase on the counter, a corner of the yard or a forgotten piece of farm land.  Like a smile, they make everything better, simply by their presence.  One of Mother Nature's greatest gifts, in my opinion.  Oh, and I'll take a stray pear blossom, too.











3 comments:

Linda said...

I love the photos of the daffodils. I love them also - if you notice, it is a daffodil macro that is my "signature" logo on my blog. It is also on my business cards...the frilly ones are so pretty. Yesterday we went to our botanical gardens and photographed what's in bloom - of course, daffodils, pansies, hyacinths, pears...lovely day! Great photos today!

Living Life said...

They are all so "springy"! One can't help but rejoice at all the blooming flowers in spring time. Nicely done.

Jan n Jer said...

They are a happy little flower...a sure sign of spring! Nice shots!