Thursday, March 1, 2012

Batten Down the Hatches

Here's a link to some photos of the tornado damage just north of us.  And this story of a firsthand account of living through that tornado is chilling.  Not to mention the heartbreaking photo that accompanies it. 

Ya'll, we have another storm system set to roll through here tonight and early tomorrow, and while I don't fret about storms, it makes me a little nervous.  I wasn't until I spoke to a meterologist friend this morning who says the set up for this system is actually more significant than it was night before last.  That doesn't mean we'll get worse weather, but it means the potential for it is stronger.  The last system sent an EF 4 tornado through this part of the country.  You can bet I'll be turning on my weather radio before I go to bed tonight.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Praying that you stay safe...keep us posted!

Russ Krecklow said...

Sure sorry to see all that damage there...you stay safe!!

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

Stay safe, Hula-gens!

Jan n Jer said...

Stay safe...get your survival kit ready! We are getting severe weather in this area(Brunswick Ga) tomorrow into Sunday! So heart breaking to see all the devastation!!!