Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fun Monday-I Feel Good

Ahoy, mates! Grace is captain of the Fun Monday ship this week, and she's talking diets. Not scurvy, mind you, just weight loss. Here's the assignment:

Many people make resolutions during the month of January and they usually include diets/eating healthy/losing weight and all that good stuff. I myself decided to try the Weight Watchers this time round. My assignment is to tell us about a diet or two (Atkins, Sonoma, Weight Watchers, South Beach, the You on a Diet, Best Life, The Abs Diet, The Zone, Cabbage Soup, E-Diets, Dr Phil, Jenny Craig, The Mediterranean Diet, Nutrisystem, Slim-Fast, Suzanne Sommers or No Name diet etc etc) that you have tried and what you liked or did not like about it. You can tell us about one diet that you had so much success with, or another that was a torture to follow or both.

AND/OR Photo assignment: post a photo of something/someone that makes you feel good about yourself. It could be your loved one, your pet, your part of the world, anything goes.

Weeeeell, I'm not going anywhere near the diet thing. I belong to the ruler club, which has its own issues, but people on diets don't want to hear whining from chicks built like the letter "l", so I'm going with the photo assignment.
Something that makes me feel good? Plenty of things make me feel good. My sinuses are under control. Teen Angel made straight A's on her report card and it's been a great weekend. A little unusual in that there were no crisis, we weren't rushed, we had a good time and no one ended up in the ER. I'm savoring the fact that it was a calm, "feel good" weekend. And instead of posting a picture of my sinuses, I'm giving you something way more fun. How can you not smile at this latest picture of my nephew, Special Delivery.
I resisted the urge to Photoshop a cigar in his hand and a James Cagney fedora on his head. This picture definitely makes me feel good. Top o' the world, ma!

7 comments:

Jan said...

Yup, that guy would make me feel good, too. What a cutie.
I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your header. I know you made the change awhile ago, but I keep forgetting.

Trailboss said...

How absolutely precious he is!!!

janjanmom said...

PHOTSHOP! PHOTOSHOP!! Come on, I can almost picture it...nope I can't. Help me.

That kid is adorable.

Amy said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

I think I'm ovulating now.

*Sigh*

He is yummy!:)

Mia said...

Okay here's a compromise....leave this pic up for a day or two so we can enjoy his yumminess.THEN you can photoshop.....

Anonymous said...

How cute is that little bundle of joy. Just looking at his photo puts a smile on my face. So you are shaped like the letter I, how lucky are U!

ChrisB said...

He is just so cute in that pose. Makes me want to scoop him up for a cuddle.