Friday, January 16, 2009

A Shout Out to M.'s Mom

The other day when I posted the answers to Jason's interview questions I wrote this response to the question about the fastest I've ever gone in a car:

"I’m not sure. I was afraid to open my eyes and look. I was seventeen years old and my friend M. was driving us across a rickety bridge in her boyfriend’s Trans Am. Let’s just say I was constipated for about a week because my butt was puckered so tightly."

You met M. back in September when I wrote about our elementary school reunion. She's the one on the right. Her mother always seemed to know what we were up to when we were kids. It was hard to pull anything over on her. Apparently, it still is. You see, I didn't realize that she reads this blog regularly, and the night I published the interview post she called M. up and asked if it was HER that was with me in that car and if we were going over the ---- Bridge. It was. And we were. And just like that, I had ratted out my buddy. Even though I hadn't print her name, and I left out the names of the boyfriend and the bridge. It didn't matter. After all these years, her mama still has that super sonic mischief detecting radar that we tried to fly under during our teenaged years. It hasn't weakened one bit.
I hear they had a good laugh about the whole thing, and how you really don't want to know all the things your kids did behind your back when they were young. What a relief!
And it's fun to know M.'s mom is stopping by here on a regular basis. Howdy, M.'s mom! I'll try not to reveal any more old memories that might give you a heart attack. Besides, we didn't pull much over on you all those years ago. Well, there WAS that trip to the college town about an hour away from home on a Friday night......

9 comments:

Mike Golch said...

do not feel alone,at my Mom's wake a good frind of the family finally found out about a stunt that her son Irv and I pulled when we were teens.I got such a look shot at me and I shot Irv's older sis a nasty look as if to say thanks a lot!

janjanmom said...

I smell a rat...and I'm shocked it is Hula!!!

karisma said...

LOL! M's mom sounds like me! I have eyes in the back of my head and can see through walls, can you?

Anonymous said...

Thats too funny, thats the way my Mom was, she always knew what I was up to (well most of the time)

Cruise Mom said...

I was trying to figure out who M was - and now I know! And I'm pretty sure I know what rickety old bridge you are talking about. Might have sped across that one a few times myself.

maggie said...

M's mom may be getting old - but the radar detection system is still at full strength! lol I must admit it takes longer to detect - but the memories are great! Now I know where the gray comes from and the expense of hiding it! I owe it all to Hula & M. !!

Lew Jetton said...

How long is M grounded for?

dkuroiwa said...

Oh My...Lew took my thoughts!! Except I was going to ask how long her keys were going to be taken away? (That's always what happened to me....I spend most of high school WITHOUT my car!!!)

The past few times I have been home, my friends and I sit outside on my mom's patio, drinking and talking about pretty much everything, including stuff that went on in high school. My mom was M's Mom's opposite...she had NO clue as to what we were really doing and when we all start to talk, my mom just quietly goes inside the house...she still can't believe all we did...and didn't get arrested for!!! hahahaha!!

Anonymous said...

After eхploring a few of thе blog ρosts on
youг web page, I hоnestly apprесіate
уοur way of bloggіng. I book-mаrkеd it to mу bookmаrk wеbρage list and wіll
bе checkіng bacκ soon. Рlease viѕit my webѕite too and tеll me what you thіnk.


my web-sitе - www.locateabuckettruck.com
Also visit my web-site ... used bucket truck