Friday, January 9, 2009

The Transition to Becoming my Mother is Almost Complete

When I was a kid I used to think it was strange that my mother couldn't always remember how old she was or what year it was. I used to test her. I would walk up to her and ask her how long she and daddy had been married or how old grandma was and just LAUGH while she scratched her head and fumbled for an answer. Now that I'm middle aged that crap isn't so funny.

These are the shirts I put on this morning and wore to work. I love these shirts. The purple thing is a little cropped jacket that is oh so comfortable and yet fashionable. (I think.) The turtleneck is just loose enough to keep from choking me and cost only $4.98. Can I get an amen on THAT? Yessiree, I was feeling pretty good about my clothing selection until I got to work and realized....I had already worn those shirts to work this week...together...just like this. My Friday look is the same as my Tuesday look. Granted, they were washed, but still. I try to dress for success and not repeat between Monday and Friday at work. I've NEVER repeated my work clothes. Ever. Now, I'm not bothered by the fact that I actually wore the same thing twice this week. I'm just embarrassed that I didn't REMEMBER this morning that I had already worn this to work...and that I can't remember what I wore Monday. Or Wednesday. Or that when asked earlier this week the date of Hubby's birthday, I had to stop and think about it. Please don't tell my mother.

4 comments:

J.G. said...

I have the same problem! Sometimes I console myself by thinking that if I can't remember what I wore when, no one else is likely to remember, either. I also combat this problem by having lots of practically identical clothes.

It may not help, but it's possible your mother already knows this. :-)

Mike Golch said...

something to think about as I creep ever closer to (sigh) 60.

oreneta said...

I find I end up wearing the same thing the NEXT day....eeek

Anonymous said...

Your Mom is laughing--hahaha. Welcome to my world. Cant tell you how many times I've forgotten my zip code or phone # Your not alone! I totaly relate to wearing the same outfit in the same week, I try not to do such a thing, but sometimes it happens-oh well whata ya gonna do!