Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Oh ****!

I know it looks pretty.
And it makes for nice pictures.But everything looks like this. And it's the worst disaster to hit our community in a long time. Most everyone is without power and probably will be for days. Those of us in the electrical business can barely breath. Trees are falling onto homes. Fires are popping up right and left. Downed power lines are everywhere, and it's dangerous just to be outside because of all the falling limbs. Pray for all of our folks working in this mess and the people trying to get by without electricity, especially the frail and elderly. I'll be back when I can come up for air.

8 comments:

karisma said...

Hugs! It looks so serene and lovely! Not like there has been a storm at all. When we get storms there is no ice but a lot of mess. I am thinking of you all, I know just how it feels to be cold and without power for days on end! I hope its fixed quickly.

Amy said...

I'll say a prayer for all of you. My family and I went through this nightmare back in 1994, and it was horrific!

Stay warm and safe.

God Bless,
Amy:)

oreneta said...

Good luck...hang in there and don't go running, should you have the urge...again, good luck.

A New England Life said...

Believe me, I know JUST how you feel! We went through the same exact thing in December. The power was out for several days and it was awful. Thought I would lose my mind! The worst part? Not being able to take a shower : (

Hopefully the power companies will work quick and call in extra help like ours did. Do your best to stay warm!

Cruise Mom said...

Ice storms are among the worst. We had our big one last month, and it is certainly hard on the community.

Right now it looks like this storm (the same one that just hit you) will bring us mostly snow - maybe a foot of it. We may get ice on top of the snow, let's hope we don't...

Good luck, stay safe and warm!

Anonymous said...

I have been watching it on the news and thinking about you. How can something look so beautiful been so darn destructive??? Our family members who live in Pa. just got a few inches of snow with ice on top, all schools are closed. I keep you and your family and community in our prayers that you recover fast.

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

Oh, believe me...I know!

Thinking of you! : )

J.G. said...

Be safe! Sending good thoughts to you and everyone in the ice today.