Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fun Monday-Outside Looking In


This week's Fun Monday takes us inside. Thank goodness because it's been about six stinkin' degrees here and everywhere else in the country during the last week. Taking pictures outside is no fun right now. Our lovely hostess Julie gave us this assignment:

I have decided to put a twist on the traditional Fun Monday. Instead of standing in your front door and taking a photo of what you see outside, let's turn around and take one of the inside. Maybe that will prompt some of us to pick up a tad (you know who you are).
Easy enough. A knock on our door starts on this side of the glass.And you have to get past our security system to get into the door.Not a big deal though. He's all bark and no bite. In fact, he'll turn and run if you act like you're coming after him. A lot of good he's going to do us when the Bogey man shows up. The first thing you'll probably notice when you come inside is the picture window straight ahead. Hubby and I sit in those matching chairs which are too big for the room, but he won't let me change them. That man is MARRIED to that chair. This is where you'll usually find us in the evening. He pretends to watch TV while he really naps, and I read and pretend to watch TV. If you look closely, you'll see a can of peanuts and a candy jar on the table. Those are Hubby's snacks that I pretend not to eat when he gets up to go to the bathroom. Also on the table is a stack of books and magazines that I work through each month. That stack almost always includes a Runner's World, Glamour, two devotional books and various novels from the library, most of which are always overdue. Right now, it also includes the instruction manual for my new camera. On Saturday nights you'll find us hunkered down here with blankets, a pillow (for me), the dog and bowls of popcorn.

Right outside that window you'll see a grapevine. We watch the birds roost there. On any given day, we find cardinals and blue jays on the grapevine. In the summer, the window gives us a great view of the garden and sometimes our neighbor in his shorts and a tank top. No comment.

I know I was supposed to stick to one picture, but I'm already over that limit, so I'll add one more. This hall tree sits on the immediate right of the front door. It belonged to Hubby's grandma, and she kept it to the inside right of her front door for years. When she died, Hubby asked for it, and fortunately, no one else in the family wanted it. I can't imagine why not. It's a wonderful piece of furniture.


You see, nothing fancy when you step inside the front door of the Hula house. Just comfortable stuff to sit on and look at, and that's just the way we like it. Stop by any time and sit a spell. I might even pop some popcorn for you.

14 comments:

Cruise Mom said...

Oh, I'd love to sit in one of those chairs and read a good book. And look out the window and see bare ground!

karisma said...

Just lovely! I especially love that stand, beautiful! So is it always that tidy or did you "pick up" for the photo shoot! Just askin' as I did not pick up! Haha! We also have big recliner chairs that I would never part with, they are far too comfy! Your guard dog is very cute! Im sure he would do his job if someone horrible confronted him at the door!

Mike Golch said...

Thanks for sharing your home with us. Mine is too much of a mess to show it off in pictures.

Jan said...

I love those chairs, too. They look made for curling up with a book. Great tour, love the hall tree, too. Our security system is like yours, all bark.

oreneta said...

Chairs like those look too big anywhere, but they are SOOOOO comfy! Love the blog design by the way...all those palm trees!

oreneta said...

Chairs like those look too big anywhere, but they are SOOOOO comfy! Love the blog design by the way...all those palm trees!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting us into your home. I love the hall tree, a nice keepsake. Your chairs are very inviting and look very comfortable. Great new blog design, it looks like Daytona Beach Fl. years ago.

Trailboss said...

Good idea! Must remember to do this when I get home. Or at least this week!

dkuroiwa said...

okay...there are conditions to my visit....1)I get one of those chairs. 2)i also get a really nice blanket and pillow and you can pick the movie. 3) popcorn is good, but what I'd really like is for you to fire up that Margaritta machine.
thanks.

great house, by the way...very warm and comfy looking!! I expected nothing less from you!

Anonymous said...

adorable little dog! is it nice?

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

I LOVE those big comfy chairs! Ahhh...I can feel myself sinking into one now! Excuse while I doze for just a moment. *zzzzz*

;0) Great post. Thanks for sharing!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

karisma-Believe it or not, it usually is that neat. I didn't pick up. Hubby is a neat freak. I keep hoping he'll outgrow it.

ChrisB said...

I love your security system!

Anonymous said...

I suffer from curly, frizzy, wild hair.. I have tried every product imaginable and this is the best product

out there.. It takes about a minute to heat and run it through each handful of hair once and your hair is perfect.. it will stay smooth and frizz free not to mention straight as a board until u wash your

hair next(even if u wait 3 days).. Please buy this product if u don't believe me.